Adult Degree Completion Scholarship
This Adult Degree Completion scholarship is offered by the University of Maine System for Maine residents looking to complete their academic studies after an absence of 3 years or more. It is available for students looking to complete their first baccalaureate degree and can be renewed for up to 8 consecutive semesters. Applicants must be registered at least part time (6-8 credits) and must demonstrate financial need.
- Must be a resident of the state of Maine.
- Must be a matriculated student at a UMS institution seeking a first baccalaureate degree.
- Must be an undergraduate reentry student who has experienced a gap (three years or more) in the pursuit of postsecondary education.
- Must have a minimum of 30 credits earned from any institution toward your degree.
- Must demonstrate financial need as determined by a completed FAFSA.
- Must be registered at least part time: 6‐8 credits per semester.
In order to qualify for the scholarship, you must fill out an application with the University of Maine System. Deadlines to apply are as follows:
- August 1 – to be considered for a full academic year award beginning in the fall semester.
- December 1 – to be considered for a spring semester award.
- All renewal applications are due no later than June 1 of each year.