The first step is applying!

Your affordable education begins with a free application.

You’ll receive a response within one business day of submitting your application. Once we’ve received all required documentation, our admissions counselors will begin evaluating your eligibility for scholarships.

Learn more about application requirements:
First-Year | Transfer | International | Readmit

Student at computer

Options for applying online:

UMM Mobile/Web Applicationtemporarily disabled

This fast and easy, mobile-friendly application can be used to apply directly to UMM. You must have Javascript enabled on your browser to use this option.

More reasons to apply to the University of Maine at Machias:

Free tuition for qualifying Maine students.

Downeast Promise Program

Reduced out-of-state tuition for students from MA, NH, VT, CT or RI.

NEBHE Program

Affordable tuition for everyone.

Tuition and Fees

Find a degree program that’s right for you.

Find a Major

Print Applications:

For the fastest processing time, prospective students are encouraged to submit an online application. The Print Application is still available for those who prefer to mail a physical application form. Paper applications must be mailed to: 

Application Processing Center
University of Maine System
P.O. Box 412
Bangor, Maine 04402

Want to change your campus? Fill out the Campus Change Form.

Common Application

The Common Application is used by many universities nationwide. The Common Application may serve you best if you are applying to other universities besides UMM that use this form.


University of Maine System Application

The UMS Short Application is the application form used by the entire University of Maine System. This application may serve you best if you are only applying to UMM or University of Maine System schools.

UMM Certificate Application

This streamlined, mobile-friendly application makes it easy to apply for one of UMM’s Certificate Programs. You must have Javascript enabled on your browser to use this option.

Readmission information

A matriculated student who fails to enroll continuously each fall and spring semester and who has not taken an official leave of absence must apply for readmission to continue a degree program. 

The application for readmission is processed through the Office of Student Records. The readmission form must be emailed to For more information, call 207.255.1223.