From points north, follow Route 1 from Houlton to Machias.
From points south and west, follow I-95 to Bangor and exit onto I-395 to Brewer at exit 182A. At the end of I-395, follow route 1A to Ellsworth and then Route 1 to Machias. From southern Maine you may also drive north on I-95 to Augusta and exit onto Route 3 at exit 30, which leads to Belfast in the Penobscot Bay area and joins Route 1; follow Route 1 north to Machias.
From points east, follow Route 1 from Calais to Machias.
How Far Away is it?
Here are distances from some larger cities and other travel destinations:
- 65 miles from Acadia National Park/Bar Harbor
- 65 miles from St. Stephen, New Brunswick
- 85 miles from Bangor, Maine
- 135 miles from Houlton, Maine
- 200 miles from Portland, Maine
- 300 miles from Boston, MA
- 500 miles from New York City, NY
- 600 km from Quebec, Canada
- 200 km from Montreal, Canada