Faculty Semester Start Tips
Merrill Librarians are gearing up for the Fall Semester. We are
eagerly awaiting your return to campus. We’re ready to engage with you
and your students!
We’re available to:
- Introduce students to library resources and services
- Provide Library instruction – sessions focused on specific
assignments. Students are more motivated to learn if the
instruction is relevant to an assignment.
- Meet with faculty and/or students – individually, as a group, or an
entire class – to demonstrate discipline specific resources and how
to navigate the library website, including library services such as
- interlibrary loan
- Course Reserves
- citation management tools
- ask for input on collection development
- Serials, journals
- database requests
- research guide suggestions
As you’re planning your courses, set aside a few minutes for a librarian to
drop in to introduce themselves, or for a few more minutes for an
exploration of the library website!