Effective March 1
Entering the facility
- Only UMM students and employees, and local residents who had active memberships on March 16, 2020, will have access to the fitness center. No day passes, group use or new memberships will be available at this time.
- Photo ID is required; members must sign in at the front desk.
- The pool is not available for use at this time.
- Before you enter we will ask you to answer some health screening questions.
- Face coverings are required at all times, even while working out, in compliance with University of Maine System policy.
Using the facility
- Access to the locker rooms is not available at this time. Please come dressed in appropriate clothing and bring only essential items with you.
- Due to social distancing requirements, all members must adhere to posted capacity limits. Current capacity limits are:
- Weight room/exercise equipment room: Maximum 12 people at one time
- Warm-up room (adjacent to exercise room): Maximum 6 people at one time
- In light of our strict capacity limits, please be respectful of other members by limiting your workout time to around 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Please maintain 6–14 feet of distance from others.
- Please wash or sanitize your hands frequently.
- Please clean the machines or weights before and after you use them.
- Please do not move equipment or weights from where they have been placed.
- Please come dressed to exercise; do not change your clothes in the bathroom.
- In order to best promote the health and safety of all facility patrons and staff, new protocols have been implemented, including social distancing, re-spacing of fitness equipment, and expanded cleaning and disinfecting of equipment and surfaces.