Chair, Division of Environmental and Biological Sciences
- Flexible and affordable. Complete your degree fully online, on campus, or both.
- Through a 4+1 partnership with the Spatial Informatics graduate program at the University of Maine, environmental GIS students with a minimum 3.25 GPA will have the opportunity to apply to take graduate-level coursework online and complete a master’s degree in just one year. Learn more about this program.
- At UMM’s GIS Laboratory and Service Center, students are involved in projects that have real impacts on local environmental policy, such as flood plain mapping for climate change research.
- Qualifying Maine students may earn tuition-free credits toward this degree while they’re still in high school. For more information, visit the Early College site.
- Students are encouraged to research the environmental issues that interest them, becoming effective advocates and influencers.
Interested in getting information specifically for online students?
Visit the UMM Online pages for the B.S. in Environmental Geographic Information Science or the fully online GIS Applications Certificates.
Earn your bachelor's degree in environmental GIS, on campus or 100% online.
Prepare for an exciting career in the growing field of geospatial technology. UMM is the first public university in Maine to offer a four-year program in Environmental Geographic Information Science.
Through our Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Laboratory and Service Center, students will learn to apply GIS analysis to a broad range of real-life scenarios, from urban planning, to land conservation, to assessing regional vulnerability to climate change.
Choose one of three concentrations to hone your skills in a specific sector of environmental GIS:
Available on campus or 100% online:
- Community Applications
- Spatial Data Sciences
- Ecological Applications