All of your online classes and activities will be on Brightspace! We are excited to welcome you into this great, modern, and mobile adaptive learning experience.
If you log into your portal you will see a screen that looks something like the image below and you will click the Brightspace icon.
You can self-enroll in a short, self-paced tutorial course, to get used to the platform before classes start. There are 2 ways to access this course:
- Click here.
- Log into Brightspace, then click Discover in the green menu bar and search for “UMM Brightspace 101- For Students”
Let’s review some Brightspace basics:
- Navigate the Brightspace Learning Environment
- Manage your Account Settings, Notification Settings, and your Profile
- View and review Course Content
- Interact with Discussions
- Complete tests and Quizzes
- Submit Assignments
- Also, check out how to Resubmit an Assignment, View Quiz Submissions and Review Your Grades and Instructor Feedback on assignments (if you need to utilize these functions)
Textbase documentation: https://documentation.brightspace.com/EN/learners/learners.htm
Tutorials are also easily accessible in the Help tab in Brightspace.
If you have technical difficulties, or trouble logging in, submitting quizzes or assignments and or viewing course content, please reach out to our UMM: IT Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or live chat here.