Learn the fundamentals of business in a program that fosters entrepreneurial creativity and independence.
We provide students technical excellence and entrepreneurial spirit in a small-college atmosphere.
Our core curriculum gives students a balanced understanding of business with a focus on the technical aspects of management, finance and accounting; as well as deeper explorations of economic history, marketing and communications, human behavior and social psychology, and social responsibility and leadership.
- Explain major concepts in marketing, management, accounting, finance, entrepreneurship, and small business management
- Analyze forces within the business environment: legal, regulatory, economic, technological, global, ethical, social, cultural, and political
- Professionally communicate via oral, written, and visual channels
- Identify ethical issues within business, and describe socially
- Demonstrate the capacity to synthesize and apply business concepts and skills to successfully operate a business enterprise
- Cultivate relational and interpersonal skills to effectively work alone, with others, in teams, and with diverse constituencies
Field-based learning and career preparation opportunities are central to the program’s academic mission. Business and entrepreneurial studies faculty maintain strong partnerships with community leaders, local businesses and nonprofit organizations to ensure that students are exposed to a variety of opportunities for professional development.
The University of Maine at Machias is pleased to partner with the Sunrise County Economic Council and its forthcoming small-business incubator, the Machias Valley Center for Entrepreneurship in support of internship, training and networking opportunities for UMM business students.
Bachelor of Science in Business and Entrepreneurial Studies
More ways to study business at UMM
➜ Complement another program of study with a minor in entrepreneurship.
➜ Have an associate degree in business and ready to take your education to the next level? Learn about applying as a transfer student.