IT at UMM
The IT Support Center provides technology support to students, faculty, and staff at the University of Maine at Machias. The center is a vital resource for students, offering online account troubleshooting, software support and repair services. The IT Center is located on the first floor of Torrey Hall. For assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with an IT specialist at machias.edu/it/.
IT Support Center Services
- UMS account services, including your maine.edu email, MaineStreet, and Brightspace.
- WIFI connection on campus
- Print from anywhere
- Virus protection
- Software support for Windows and Mac OSX
- Basic computer help
- Equipment loans (headphones, recorders, etc.)
UMM Student Account Access (The Big Two)
- My Campus Portal provides quick access to University of Maine services. To access My Campus Portal go to mycampus.maine.edu and use your UMM credentials to login to the portal.
- MaineStreet is the central hub of your academic career. Go to MaineStreet.maine.edu and use your UMM credentials to login. This can also be accessed through the UMM Portal LaunchPad as a quick link.
UMS Account Privacy
The University of Maine only provides information regarding your account to you, the account holder. If you would like to provide your parents/guardian with the ability to view your financial information, bills, and grades, you will need to complete and sign the Student Consent to Release Information Form.
There are a few guidelines to creating a strong password for your UMS Account:
- Has 12 characters minimum
- Includes numbers, symbols, capital letters, and lower-case letters
- Passwords will expire 180 days after being set. You will be notified multiple times via email of the upcoming expiration before the password expires.
Be careful when changing your password! A common practice by hackers is posing as local IT service employees and requesting password changes or confirmation of credentials. This is a ploy to gain access to your account, and is called Phishing. Here’s how you can distinguish between a legitimate password expiration notification and a Phishing attempt through UMaine:
- We will never ask for your password
- Password expiration emails will always come from email@example.com
- We will not send a direct link to the password change page
- The password change utility will always be on a maine.edu URL
- Tempest: network that allows registered users to connect to the UMM campus WIFI.
- EDURoam: network that allows registered users to connect to the internet internationally where EDURoam is available.
Software Available for Students
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite