Fund Raising Policy and Guidelines
SUBJECT: FACULTY PERSONNEL POLICIES SECTION III
Section: Fund Raising Policy & Guidelines DATE: 08/98
The purpose of this document is to establish a solicitation or fund raising policy for faculty, staff, and students of UMM. The object of this policy is to insure that:
- The integrity of the University’s fund raising operation in maintained
- All fund raising appeals/messages sent by the University or on its behalf are consistent.
- Fund raising constituencies are protected from solicitations that are inappropriate or too numerous.
All solicitations for private gift support must be cleared through the Development Office. It is necessary to maintain a coordinated approach to all individual, corporate, and foundation prospects in order to enhance the probability for success.
Interested parties must submit a written proposal detailing the following information:
- What is the project for which the funds are to be raised?
- How will the funds be used?
- Who will be solicited?
- How and by whom will the solicitation be made?
- Include a draft copy of solicitation materials.
- When will this solicitation take place (a beginning date and an ending date)?
Fund raising cannot commence without advance written approval by the Director of Development. This approval will follow a reasonable period of review time by the Director of Development.
Approval letter will explain gift processing procedures and will approve solicitation materials as presented or edited/amended.
At the conclusion of the solicitation a written report will be filed with the Development Office.
Date Adopted: 08/10/98