Program Review and Evaluation Committee
UNIVERSITY OF MAINE AT MACHIAS
Policy & Procedures Manual
SECTION: ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE & RELATIONSHIPS SECTION II
DATE: 90, 98, 01, 04
SUBJECT: Program Review and Evaluation Committee
Program Review and Evaluation Committee (PREC)
This Committee shall consist of the academic Division Chairperson. The responsibilities of the Committee are as follows:
- Regular evaluations of the University CORE curriculum including a major assessment/review every 5 years, as well as to mediate, review and recommend to Faculty suggested changes to parts of the CORE between assessments.
- Review of all academic Program Reviews as required by UMS including making recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs (see process for Program Review).
- Recommendations regarding new academic programs for consideration, which includes involvement in Intent to Plan process as well as review of the final full program proposal (refer to Academic Affairs flow chart).
- Review Program implementation of CORE Service and Writing requirements including making recommendations for compliance with CORE criteria.
- Review proposals for Program changes, Program elimination and/or Program suspension and make recommendations to VPAA.
- Solicit and Review all Libra Program proposals including making recommendations to VPAA.
- Review all requests for CORE substitutions and forward decisions to Registrar.