All textbooks are available from the UMM Online Bookstore. We offer new, used, rental and e-books for various courses. Students must have either a credit card or a book voucher to use this site. There are actually 2 ways to determine what books you will need for your classes. Pick the method that works best for you.
The easiest way is by logging into your MaineStreet Student Center (Remember to wait 24 hours after email account activation.) Follow these steps:
- Go to https://my.machias.edu
- Log in by using your username and password
- Under LaunchPad, click on the MaineStreet icon
- Click Student Self-Service
- Click Student Center
- Click My Class Schedule on the left hand side
- Select the Term
- Click Textbook Information (underlined in blue)
- Required materials should be displayed
The second way is to go to the Online Bookstore from the UMM website. Follow these steps:
- Go to umm.ecampus.com
- Click Order Your Books
- Click Continue under Credit Card or Paypal
- Choose the Term
- Select Course or Courses (Make sure to select the correct section. For example, if you are enrolled in ENG 101-0003, then make sure to purchase the books for that section of the course. We may also be offering ENG 101-0002 and ENG 101-0001 and the instructors may be using different books.)
For further assistance you can also download this handy how-to guide for buying textbooks at ecampus here.
**IMPORTANT Things to Remember**
- Check to see if the books listed are required or only “recommended.”
- You do not have to buy your books from the UMM Online Bookstore. Once you find the ISBN number for each book, you can go to any website to shop for the best deal. However, your ISBN number must match EXACTLY. Most books will have two ISBN numbers: an ISBN-10 (10 digits) and an ISBN-13 (13 digits). If you match either one, you should be fine. This will help to ensure that you get exactly the book that your course instructor wants you to have.