Recently Accepted Students
Congratulations on being accepted to
the University of Maine at Machias!
We have created this Web page to assist you in planning for your enrollment at UMM. The steps listed below outline the recommended order and there are links and contact information for each one.
If you have questions at any point in this process, please feel free to contact our Advising Center. Each area of study has a Student Success Advisor who is available to help guide you through any part of this process and to answer any questions or concerns you may have. The Center can be reached by phone at (207) 255-1470 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Again, congratulations on your acceptance to New England’s only public Environmental Liberal Arts university!
1. Confirm your Enrollment with UMM:
- If you have not already confirmed your intent to enroll at UMM, simply return the Candidate Reply Form that came with your acceptance letter and submit the $150 enrollment deposit.
- Fall 2012 confirmation deposits are due by May 1. For those students accepted after May 1, the confirmation deposit is due within two weeks of acceptance. If you have questions or concerns please contact the Admissions Office at 1-888-468-6866.
- Spring 2013 confirmation deposits are due by January 1. For those students accepted after January 1, the confirmation deposit is due within two weeks of acceptance. If you have questions or concerns please contact the Admissions Office at 1-888-468-6866.
2. Activate your E-mail and MaineStreet Portal:
- All UMM students are expected to activate their e-mail and MaineStreet accounts shortly after being accepted to the University. Much of the information you will be receiving about Financial Aid, Billing, Registration, etc., will be coming to you over this e-mail account.
- To activate these accounts click here.
3. Receive Financial Aid:
- In order to be eligible for financial aid the first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is available at: www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- It is important to note that in order to receive priority consideration, your FAFSA application should be submitted before March 1. HOWEVER, you may still submit your FAFSA and be considered for financial aid after the March 1 priority date.
- Once your financial aid package has been processed you will receive a letter from our Financial Aid Office with your award amount. You can also view your award package by logging into your MaineStreet account.
4. On-Campus Housing:
- If you plan to live in campus housing, you will receive a letter from Residential and Commuter Life regarding housing and meal plan selection. Once you submit your housing information, we will make housing placements in early July. Be sure to look for the envelope with a house on it in late July for your placement and roommate information. If you have questions about living on campus, please contact us at (207) 255-1305.
5. Attend CORE and Orientation:
- CORE is a two-day event occurring on June 27–28, 2013, and is designed to introduce you to your new suroundings and help you build bonds with other members of the incoming class.
- At this event students have the opportunity to: Meet their fellow students, register for classes, meet professors and academic advisors, sign up for on-campus housing and dining options, and so much more!
- More information about CORE is available HERE.
- Save the date for Fall Orientation: August 30–September 2, 2013.
6. Schedule Placement Exams, if you need to take them:
- To make sure that students’ course selections build a solid foundation for their collegiate careers, many incoming students will participate in our placement testing program in English and mathematics. Contact the Advising Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 255-1470.
7. Submit your Immunization Records:
- You will receive a letter in early June requesting immunization information. You can mail in the information or bring it to June Welcome. Maine Law requires that all post-secondary, degree seeking students provide proof of two MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) vaccinations as well as up-to-date Tetanus vaccinations. This can be confirmed by shot records or lab tests showing proof of immunity. If you have questions about immunizations, please contact us at (207) 255-1305.
8. Register for Classes:
- If you are unable to attend June Welcome, contact the Advising Center at (207) 255-1470 or by e-mail at email@example.com to discuss your class registration.
- If you need to take placement tests, these can be arranged for at this time.
- Students who are unable to register over the summer will have the opportunity to register at Fall Orientation.