Plan Your Remote
Merrill Library’s “Plan Your Remote”
- Merrill Library will be open and staffed normal operating hours through finals (December 18th). After that through January 24th we will be open M-F from 8 am – 4:30 pm. We will be closed on weekends December 19th through January 24th. Complete Library Hours can be found here.
- Reference, Chat, email, and phones will be staffed going forward as it currently is. See the Zoom & Reference Services link on the Library’s web page for links and hours of service. For more contact information see the Library Staff Directory.
- Remember we have over 400,000 ebooks accessible to you through the URSUS Catalog and millions of articles accessible to you through the Database tab or the ejounals tab all found on the Library’s web page.
- Hint: The best place to start research is with the Academic Search Complete database as it covers every academic discipline.
- Those of you who are at a distance and can’t come into Merrill Library to pick up books from our collection or those books that you have requested from other libraries, we will mail the books directly to you.
Here’s the process you should follow:
- When requesting items from other URSUS or MaineCat Libraries, you should select UMaine Machias as the pick up point. Once the books arrive we will let you know and request from you your mailing address. This will add a few days onto the time from when the book is requested and the time it’s in your hands. We encourage you to start researching now, in order to have the materials you want/need!
- You can alert us ahead of time of your mailing address by sending an email to us at: email@example.com
That way we can have the mailer ready to go when we receive your requested item.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday, work hard to complete the semester, and we look forward to seeing you in January!