Nursing Pathway Program
Professor of Biology
UMaine Machias Nursing Pathway Advisor
Why Choose the Nursing Pathway Program at UMaine Machias?
- Start your college career and complete foundational science and general education courses on a small campus with one-on-one faculty advising and a supportive academic community.
- Develop a strong academic foundation at UMaine Machias to prepare for UMaine’s nationally recognized Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Small class sizes and individual attention continue during the 7 semesters of the program at UMaine – students complete 100 hours of hands on skill development and simulation with lab experience (capped at 10 students per 1 instructor) and 750 hours of direct care clinical experience in a range of health care settings (capped at 8 students per instructor).
- UMaine’s BSN program is ranked 78 out of 690 Nursing programs by US News and World Report, putting it in the top 11% in the nation.
- UMaine’s program has a 95% NCLEX-RN first-time pass rate.
The University of Maine at Machias (UMaine Machias) Nursing Pathway program is a great way to become a nurse. The program combines the close-knit, student-centered academic experience provided by UMaine Machias, the regional campus of the University of Maine (UMaine), with the outstanding nursing curriculum offered by UMaine’s nationally ranked Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program (BSN).