University of Maine at Machias planning document.
Our comprehensive public health/social conscience plan for the University of Maine at Machias, Clippers Care, allows for all of us to reduce the risk posed by the coronavirus pandemic by taking certain precautions.
To read the full Clippers Care plan, download the PDF:
Scroll down to read the Clipper Pact, our expectations for all students, faculty and staff at UMM.
- Monitor for the symptoms of COVID-19 personally and via the symptom monitoring app. Report to a medical professional if fever of 100.4° F (38° C) or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of taste or smell
- Self-report by calling the university COVID-19 Hotline, 207.581.2681, if a medical professional has asked you to isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19 diagnosis or close contact
- Wash my hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Get vaccinated for the flu each fall
- Keep myself educated on the COVID vaccination
- Maintain appropriate social distancing (6 feet), especially in indoor settings
- Stay home if feeling ill or after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19
- Wear an appropriate face covering and other protective gear as directed by the university
- Be positive, sensitive and helpful to anyone around who may be troubled or struggling
PROTECT THE COMMUNITY
- Keep clothing, belongings, personal spaces and shared common spaces clean
- Participate in testing and contact tracing to preserve the wellness of the community
- Carefully observe instructional signs and follow directions
- Minimize travel outside the local area to help prevent community transmission; university-sponsored travel is restricted
- Get tested regularly