How should I prepare to take the Shield T3 noninvasive saliva-based COVID-19 tests on campus?
The Shield T3 COVID-19 asymptomatic test requires a 1 milliliter to 1.5 milliliter saliva sample.
Do not eat, drink or smoke, chew gum, brush your teeth or use mouthwash within an hour of your test.
Be sure to hydrate with water. Stop drinking water 60 minutes before test time.
Clear saliva samples are required. Samples can’t be discolored, cloudy or contaminated with food particles.
When you arrive at the campus test site for your scheduled appointment, you will follow these steps for providing a saliva sample:
- Remove the cap from the vial
- Attach the funnel to the vial
- Deposit 1 ml to 1.5 ml of saliva
- Remove funnel and cap the vial
- Put vial in the plastic bag
- At checkout, hand in bagged vial and discard funnel