Distance Degree Programs
“Mainers in Exile” Tuition Special
Former UMM in-state students who are currently living out-of-state may re-admit at the in-state rate to complete a UMM degree online! If you were a matriculated UMM student who has moved out of Maine, you may apply for readmission to finish your degree program. Application for readmission is made through the Admissions Office with the Application for Readmission.
UMM Admissions Office
(888) 468-6866 or (207) 255-1318
- Hands-on applications, resulting in real experience and skills for your resume.
- Field work and internships in your hometown.
- Learn to address real-world issues and problems through your studies in psychology, community studies, and other social sciences.
- You can prepare for a variety of careers in your community and/or graduate studies.
- Your learning is our priority: we feature low student/teacher ratios and limited enrollment by cohort group.
- Choice of concentrations: Applied Psychology or Disabilities in Youth.
- Make your online learning experiences count with our small-college atmosphere and expert faculty.
- You will develop the professional skills to succeed as a valued employee or entrepreneur.
- Fit your program timeline to your life; courses are available during spring, summer, fall, and winter terms.
- Choose your concentration: Accounting, Management, Marketing, Business Sustainability, Sports & Fitness Management, or design your own.
- Fast, flexible, and affordable.
- Designed with you and for you.
- You can transfer in credits and create your own degree completion option.
- BCS has often been used for self-designed Business, Special Education, and Health Professions concentrations; what will your focus be?
- For post-baccalaureate students, UMM offers professional coursework leading to certification in Special Education (K-12). It is possible to complete the certification program within three semesters if all content requirements are fulfilled.
- This post-baccalaureate certificate program is designed for high school psychology teachers. The American Psychological Association Council of Representatives has approved a new set of national guidelines that outlines models for preparing high school teachers to teach psychology effectively. APA advocates the development of a teaching credential endorsement for psychology in all states and recommends that pre-service teachers complete a second teaching field or endorsement for their teaching credential. Completing this certificate is a way high school teachers can establish competence for teaching psychology and helps ensure future competitiveness for individual high school teachers. This certificate is available only to holders of baccalaureate degrees earned at regionally accredited post-secondary institutions.
The certificate may be completed either on campus or at a distance.
- Provides a career boost as you acquire business and risk management skills.
- Provides new career opportunities as you explore the skills necessary to advance in the area of human resources.
- Gain new skills in marketing, advertising and consumer behavior to apply to your job.
Please note: Developmental courses in Reading and Writing, or the use of technology may not be available through our online programs. If you need to build your skills in Reading and Writing or using online/computer technology before taking college level courses, you may need to attend courses on campus or at an Adult Ed Center.
For more information about our distance degree programs, please contact Bonnie Fortini.