Hello from Downeast Maine! Welcome to the Summer 2018 Orientation information page. This orientation program is for first-year and transfer students starting in the Fall 2018 semester. C.O.R.E. (Clipper Orientation Registration & Excursions) is scheduled for June 22-23, 2018.
Please note the following before you register:
- All those wishing to attend C.O.R.E. must register. Registration will close one week prior to the start date of C.O.R.E. and we highly recommend all new first-year and transfer students attend. You will need your UMM login to register.
- On-campus housing and meals are complimentary for new students during C.O.R.E., while guests and family wishing to stay or join for meals will be asked to cover those costs. Room assignments for C.O.R.E. will be distributed upon arrival.
- During the registration process you will find options for family and guests to stay on campus and/or join for meals. After submitting the registration form you may contact our Business Office (207-255-1312) to submit payment via credit card or send a check (referencing C.O.R.E. 2018) to the University to complete your registration for C.O.R.E. 2018.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the Student Engagement & Inclusion Office at (207) 255-1245 or email@example.com.
- Click here to register for C.O.R.E.
We are planning many activities and events to welcome new students to the University of Maine at Machias community. Please note that events, times and locations may change. Students and guests will be given a final schedule upon arrival at C.O.R.E. check in. Guests are welcome to accompany their students to help them get acquainted to their new home and participate in some of the events planned. Please check out the complete schedule below.
Information for Family and Guests
Family members and guests are encouraged to attend Summer Orientation and to participate in a schedule of events apart from the students. Meetings with faculty and special interest sessions are among the programs planned especially for family and guests. Students will stay overnight in one of the residence halls on campus. Family and guests are also welcome to stay in one of the residence halls (with options offered through the online registration form), but may also wish to stay in local lodging in the community.
Before Coming to Summer Orientation
To make your orientation session more productive, we highly recommend students complete the following before arriving:
- Pay the $150 Enrollment Deposit
- Activate your MaineStreet portal and maine.edu account
- Apply for on-campus housing
- Take the math placement test
- Submit your immunization records
- Sign your financial responsibility statement through MaineStreet
Alternative Class Registration Options
If you are unable to attend C.O.R.E., we will be offering additional Class Registration Days where you will visit campus (8:30am-12:00pm) to complete math placement and meet with an advisor to register for classes. If you wish to attend one of those days please reserve your space and complete our online registration by clicking here! Registration Days are scheduled for the following Fridays: July 13, July 27, and August 17!
Parking passes are not required for guests attending this event. Students and guests may park in any open regular space.
Dress Comfortably: It is recommended that you wear casual clothes for moving around campus throughout the day. Wear comfortable shoes so the walking does not wear out your feet. Please feel free to let us know of any special accommodations you may need.
Have Fun: Whether you are a new student or the family member or guest of a new student, enjoy the start of this adventure at the University of Maine at Machias!
Inclement Weather: If inclement weather is expected, please check the UMaine Machias homepage for campus closure notification.
If you have any questions about C.O.R.E. or need special accommodations, please do not hesitate to contact the Student Engagement & Inclusion Office at (207) 255-1245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.