Emergency Planning Menu
|Emergency Planning||Campus Security|
|Emergency Guide||Health & Safety Committee|
The Health and Safety Committee is responsible for the comprehensive emergency and disaster management planning efforts for the University of Maine at Machias. We provide planning, training, inter-departmental coordination, and emergency response assistance for major emergencies or disasters.
In the event of an emergency, initial notification and instructions will be sent to the campus community via:
- e2Campus Alert System
- Campus-Wide E-mail
- UMM Web Site
In order to quickly communicate emergency information to the campus community, UMM has implemented the e2Campus emergency notification system that allows anyone in the campus community to receive alerts or other emergency information via e-mail and a text message on their mobile phone. Participation in e2Campus is not mandatory but is strongly encouraged. Students, faculty, and staff can sign up here.
Winter Parking Regulations
Effective November 15 to March 30 of each year, including weekends, breaks, and holidays, no parking is allowed on the sides of any campus road or in the major parking lots (Torrey Hall, Murdock Fitness and Aquatics Center, and Powers Hall) between the hours of midnight and 7:00 a.m. and is in effect to enable snow removal efforts. This does not include the residence lots or the Reynolds Center Dirt Lot. See UMM Winter Parking Map below for more detail.
After a snow storm, a schedule for snow removal from residence hall parking lots will be announced by Residential Education & Commuter Life. Information will be posted in the lobby and entrances of each residence hall. During class days, snow removal will be scheduled to start at 8:30 p.m. after most classes are over. Students who are away from campus overnight for any reason without their vehicle should move it to either the Soccer Lot or the Reynolds Center Dirt Lot prior to departing campus.
Health Tips For Flu Season
By following these basic steps, you can stay help yourself stay healthy and help keep our community healthy.
(1) Wash your hands with soap frequently throughout the day and especially before you eat. When washing your hands, make sure to wash for at least 20 seconds. How long is 20 seconds? Sing Happy Birthday two times.
(2) Sneeze to the inside of your elbow.
(3) Cover your cough with a tissue or cough into your shirt and not into your hands.
(4) Fist bump instead of shaking hands.
(5) Be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
(6) Be sure to get at least seven hours of sleep each night.
(7) Stay home when you are not feeling well or are sick.