What You Can Do With Your Degree

Your bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing, and Book Arts opens up doors to a number of different careers. Here are some of the most popular, with links to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics:


Shoot for the ultimate dream job. Write novels or memoirs full time from home, work with your agent to secure a publishing house, and market your books through social media and speaking engagements. Most writers support themselves through a related career, but a B.A.in English, Creative Writing, and Book Arts will make you a more successful writer with a better chance of pursuing this vocation.

Learn More

Combine your passion for literature and writing with a desire and talent for helping others in a job that gives you summers free! Along with your BA in English, you need a teaching certificate or minor in education, which you can get simultaneously with your BA in English, Creative Writing, and Book Arts.

Learn More About Middle School Teaching Learn More About High School Teaching

Collaborate with a team of editors, writers, and layout artists to conceptualize content and design, manage projects, as well as edit and proofread final copy.

Learn More

Write for commission for a business or nonprofit organization, generating, editing, and designing marketing materials and web content.

Apply your expertise in writing and grammar to prepare technical and instructional manuals that organize complex material into accessible forms for the general public.

Design and maintain a public image for a business or organization by managing social media sites and preparing press releases.

Learn More


Your BA in English, Creative Writing, and Book Arts qualifies you to enter graduate school to pursue a great many other exciting professions:

  • College or University Professor: MA or MFA and PhD required.
  • Lawyer / Paralegal: JD required to be a lawyer, Paralegal Certificate required to be a Paralegal
  • Librarian or Library Director: MA in Library Science required.
  • Museum Curator or Archivist: MA required.