How to Register for Classes
UMM Degree Student
When your first date to enroll arrives:
- Go to http://mainestreet.maine.edu and sign in using your maine.edu login and password.
- Select the link to Student Self-Service.
- Select the link to the Student Center.
- Under the Academics heading, select the link to Add a Class.
- The system will ask you for a PIN number. This is the number your Faculty Advisor has given you for the Fall 2020 enrollment process. Enter the number and select the Validate button.
- a. Enter the Class Number of the class for which you’d like to register.
- b. Use Class Search to search for a class.
- i. Search for courses by Subject and/or select Additional Search Criteria.
- ii. Select the Select Class button when you find the section in which you want to enroll.
- Once the desired course appears in your ‘shopping cart’, select Next.
- Continue to add courses to your ‘shopping cart’ until your schedule is complete. Select the Proceed to Step 2 of 3 button to Confirm Classes.
- Select the Finish Enrolling button. Classes successfully added will show with a check mark, and the cause for any errors will also be noted (time conflicts, unmet prerequisites, etc.).
- Select the My Class Schedule button to view courses successfully added to your schedule.
If you have any questions, please contact the UMM Advising Center located on the second floor of Powers Hall and at 255.1470, or the UMM Registrar’s Office located on the second floor of Powers Hall (open M-F from 1-5 pm), at 255.1223 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Students in the UMSystem
- Sign into MaineStreet. Use the first part of your maine.edu email address (i.e. john.smith) and the password you use to get into that email.
- Select Student Self-Service.
- Select Student Center.
- From left-hand menu, select Self-Service.
- From right-hand side, select Distance Learning Class Search.
- Select appropriate Term (i.e. Fall 2016).
- Select or type in a Subject code.
- Select Undergraduate as the Course Career.
- Uncheck Show Open Classes Only.
- Select one or more Distance Instruction Methods.
- Select Search at bottom of screen.
- Page through results until you find the class you want.
- Select the link on the Course Title. Details about the course will appear.
- Hit the Select Class button at the bottom of the page, then select OK. (This is also the step that accomplishes at least 2 or 3 processes behind the scenes to prepare student’s record for enrollment in the course selected.)
- Select the button that says Add to Wish List. The system will tell you that the course has successfully added to your Wish List.
- Select the button that says Go to Enrollment.
- Select the term (i.e. Fall 2016) and select the Institution (i.e. Machias). Then select Continue.
- Put a check in the box next to the course you’ve selected, and then hit the button that says Add Selected.
If you have any questions, please contact the UMM Registrar’s Office at 255.1223 or at email@example.com.
Non-Degree students are welcome to take up to 8 credits a semester at UMM. Registration is simple and can be completed over the phone, but must be done by the student. Please contact the UMM Registrar’s Office at 255.1223 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The office is located on the second floor of Powers Hall.
If you are currently a high school student, please call 255.1268 and speak with Christy Alley about our Early College program.
If you have questions about our distance education offerings, please call the Office of Distance Education at 255.1241. Further information is also available at the Distance Education webpage.
Financial Responsibility Statement
All students must complete a Financial Responsibility Statement in MaineStreet each semester before they can register. To do this:
- Login to your MaineStreet Student Center.
- Select the Financial Responsibility Statement link in your To-Do list on the right-hand side of the page.
- Read the statement
- Select the Accept button.
- Click Save.
- Select Next.
- Click Finish.
- Then Exit.
Your Financial Responsibility Statement hold should be removed.