The Registrar's Office
Scenic Shore

Registrar's Office
207 Powers Hall
116 O'Brien Ave
Machias, ME 04654-1397

Tel: 207.255.1223
Fax: 207.255.1415

Your Academic Record

Requesting a Transcript
Grading Policy
Confidentiality Policy
Term Grades
Updating Your Personal Information
  • Official Name Changes.  Students who have officially changed their names should provide the UMM Registrar's Office with a copy of one of the following documents.  Please noteMost marriage certificates do not include the spouses' new names and will not be accepted as name change documentation.
    • Social Security card
    • State Driver's license
    • Adoption papers
    • Passport
    • Other legal name change documentation
  • Preferred Name.  Students can go to their MaineStreet Student Center and enter a Preferred Name.  This is the name that will display first on the Class Roster and Grade Roster, followed by the student's official name, in parentheses.
  • Email Account Name Change.  Changing your name in MaineStreet or adding a Preferred Name won't have any effect on your User Name and password.  To request a change to your email address, go to: and select Change Your UMS User Account User Name.
  • Address.  Students can update their address information from their MaineStreet Student Center.  Students should update their Mailing Address if they are living off-campus, to make sure that the University has a good local address each semester.
  • Gender.  Students who wish to declare a formal change of gender may submit a Request to Change Gender in the MaineStreet database to the UMM Registrar's Office. 
Enrollment Verifications
Academic Appeal Procedures
Degree Verifications
Academic Record Changes
Share |