University of Maine at Machias » Campus Life » Student Support » Career Services » Student Services » Cooperative Education » Who Can Participate?
Student Criteria for Course Participation
- Enrollment in any UMM academic program as outlined in the college catalog.
- Student has successfully completed at least 24 credit hours of academic study.
- Student is responsible for obtaining a position in a qualified training station.
- Student must secure a faculty sponsor who is familiar with the area/discipline of the proposed co-op. The faculty sponsor must approve the learning objectives.
- Student must complete and submit to the Co-op/Career Development Office an application form, an advisor recommendation and faculty sponsor form, approved learning objectives and work agreement form, and a personal resume.
- The student must assume responsibility for proper course registration.
- Students receiving financial aid for credits and charges DO NOT QUALIFY for federal work-study funds for the hours worked toward the co-op. Eligibility MUST be verified through the Financial Aid Office.
- The student is responsible for full compliance with the requirements of the cooperative education program.