UMM Launches Web Portal for Students and Staff
Today, the University of Maine at Machias launched my.machias.edu, an online portal for students, faculty, and staff of the University. The portal is an internal Web site that allows central access to all of the online tools that members of the campus community use regularly. It features a single sign-on to access many tools and resources, including MaineStreet, Blackboard, UMS Gmail, and a number of other sites. Content in the portal is also customized based on each user's pre-defined role as either a student, faculty, or staff member.
- Single sign-on into MaineStreet, Blackboard, UMS Google Apps, Clipper Card Add Funds, and Papercut.
- Extensive document library containing electronic version of forms commonly used by students, faculty, and staff.
- News feeds on the portal front page delivering content from the UMM Web site, the UMM weather station, and e2Campus emergency alerts.
- Access to fillable UMM Information Technology forms, such as work order request, equipment reservations, and game console registration.
- Easy one-click access to MaineStreet Marketplace, and a number of other commonly used tools in MaineStreet.
- Faculty can access their class and advisee lists complete with pictures imported from the ID card database.
- Access to a number of Human Resources related services such as RiseUP and employee assistance programs.
- Links to a number of University policies and procedures
- Customizable "Personal Communities" allow users to build their own personal pages, blogs, and more that can be kept private or shared with others.
Users are encouraged to bookmark or add the page to favorites by right-clicking (or ctrl-click for Mac users) on the following link and selecting "Bookmark this Page" or "add to Favorites" to save it in their Bookmarks or Favorites menu: my.machias.edu.
The Portal Implementation Committee will continue to add additional features over time, such as access to Merrill Library's online database, additional sub-communities for campus groups and organizations, single sign-on for Moodle, and more.
For questions, please contact contact the UMM-IT Helpdesk at 255-1327. General feedback or suggestions are also encouraged through the "Portal Feedback Form" located in the "Tech Services" menu in the main portal navigation.