We welcome inquiries and applications from students interested in transferring from any university, college, or community college.
In nearly all cases regionally accredited college credits will transfer to UMM. For full details please see our credit transfer policies.
We also provide specific transfer course information for students in the following Maine Community College programs:
- Washington County Community College
Please see information on WCCC coordinated program articulations and direct course equivalencies.
- Eastern Maine Community College:
- Central Maine Community College:
- Southern Maine Community College:
To be considered for admission as a transfer student requires:
- A non-refundable $40 application fee. Click here for payment options.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 or better in previous college coursework. Teacher education applicants should have a 2.5 in their major field of study.
- Good standing at your previous college or university. An applicant is not considered for admission for the semester immediately following their dismissal from another institution. In keeping with University of Maine System policy, UMM will not admit students to matriculated status who have been suspended from another UMS campus until the conditions established for termination of that suspension have been met.
Ready to Apply?
You have six convenient options. The choice is yours. They all quickly land in our Admissions Office, ready for prompt consideration by our staff.
- Apply Online
- Download the application form and mail it to us
- Request a paper copy from our Admissions Office
- Use the Universal College Application
- Use the Common Application
- Download the Common Application and mail it to us
- For our Adult learners/Non-traditional students, use our new Online Short Application
We will be happy to discuss your opportunities at UMM and answer any questions you may have. Please call 1-888-468-6866 or e-mail UMM Admissions.