The Registrar's Office
207 Powers Hall
116 O'Brien Ave
Machias, ME 04654-1397
Students' official academic records are maintained in the Registrar's Office. Transcripts of these records are not furnished to individuals, other institutions or prospective employers without the written consent of the student.
How to Order Transcripts
All transcript requests must be in writing. Complete the Transcript Request form or send us a letter which includes all of the following:
- All names under which your records may be filed
- Social Security number
- Date of Birth
- Dates of attendance
- Your mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Address where you would like your transcripts mailed
- Your signature
All transcripts sent directly to students will be marked "Issued to Student" and will generally not be considered official. Please indicate if transcripts need to be in a sealed envelope.
Please allow five business days from receipt of transcript request for processing. There is no charge to send a paper transcript.
University policy prohibits issuing official transcripts to any student indebted to the University.
Secure, Electronic Transcripts: ** New Service **
- Need a transcript right away?
- Don't want to wait for the postal service to deliver mail across the country?
- Applying for a job or graduate school which requires an electronic transcript?
The University of Maine at Machias has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse to
provide secure, electronic delivery of official transcripts to an email address anywhere in the world.
The service costs $4 per transcript, which is payable by credit card when you place
your online order.
- You'll need to check with the recipient to be sure that they will accept an electronic transcript.
- You'll want to send transcripts directly to another college if you're hoping to be accepted and receive transfer credits.
- Please note that you don't need to order electronic transcripts for undergraduate admission to other University of Maine System schools. They're able to access your transcript in MaineStreet as long as you don't have a hold on your account.
Click Electronic Transcript now to place your order.
We will accept faxed requests, but you must provide us with a MasterCard or VISA number along with your request. Please give us your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, and your zip code. Our fax number is (207) 255-1419.
There is a $3.00 fee to fax your transcripts to a U.S. number, and a $5.00 fee to send a fax to Canada. Other international faxes will cost more. You need to know that most schools will not consider faxed transcripts official.
Email requests for transcripts will only be accepted if your name is part of the email address. The emailed request should not include SSN or credit card information.
Please do not email the Transcript Request form as an attachment, since email is not a secure way to transmit sensitive information.
If you have any questions, please call the Registrar's Office at (207) 255-1223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.