Work to Help UMM Go Green!
The Green Campus Steering Committee is hiring two (2) Sustainability Intern positions for the 2010-11 school year. The Sustainability Interns will work closely with the Green Campus Steering Committee doing research, creating educational material and organizing/supporting sustainable efforts on campus.
• Work on sustainable food programs, including the campus organic garden and the new 4 season greenhouse.
• Work to increase recycling in the residence halls and across campus
• Research upgrades for the “Greening the O’Brien House” project including; heating systems, insulation and alternative energy.
• Provide basic environmental education and college-specific guidelines for how to alter?habits to improve the sustainability.
• Make presentations to clubs, student government and staff.
• Other assigned projects
Download the Job Description / Application here. Applications due September 24th and are available from the Sustainability Office, 36 Kimball Hall or from the Student Life Office in Dorward Hall.