Are you interested in reducing UMM's carbon foot print?
The Green Campus Steering Committee is seeking to advance sustainability efforts on campus. In order to help further these efforts two (2) Sustainability Intern positions have been created for the spring 2010 semester. The Sustainability Interns will work closely with the Green Campus Steering Committee doing research, creating educational material and organizing/supporting sustainable efforts on campus.
- Identify a specific sustainability-related project for our campus and take the lead in its completion.
- Make presentations to clubs, student senate and staff.
- Research green/sustainable retrofits for the “Greening the O’Brien House” project.
- Complete research on what students at other campuses are doing to green their campus and discuss relevant ideas with our student body and the steering committee.
- Work to increase recycling in the residence halls
- Create a flyer on “Tips on Sustainable Behavior.”
- Survey the student body on how they would like to get involved.
- Other assigned projects
- Interested in reducing UMM’s carbon foot print
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Comfortable working with large groups of students/staff/faculty
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
This position is for 10 hours a week during the academic semester and will report directly the Green Campus Steering Committee (Andrea Ednie, Chad Everett, Bob Farris, William Otto, and Kim Page.
Click here to download the application. Applications are due Wednesday, March 10.