Getting Noticed, Getting Hired: Putting Your Best Foot Forward
According to NACE, gone are the days when having a bachelor’s degree all but guaranteed a job. Even highly educated people must compete against one another for the employment opportunities available in today’s job market.
In competing for these opportunities, college graduates must display not only the credential of a degree but also a number of additional skills or qualities that an employer seeks in a new employee.
Consider the following as you think about putting your best foot forward:
- How you present yourself online
- How you’d describe your work ethic
- Tailoring your resume to fit each job
- Presenting yourself professionally and genuinely
- Researching organizations so you can ask informed questions
For additional pointers, DON'T MISS our upcoming event on Searching for an Edge in Today's Job Market, presented by UMM Alumni Leaders! Link here for details.
Write a comment
- Required fields are marked with *.