GOOD WILL-HINCKLEY (We Change Lives)
Resident Advisor for College Step-Up Program
Good Will-Hinckley is looking for a Resident Advisor for the College Step-Up Program. This position is part of Campus Life serving students who are aging out of foster care to attend Kennebec Valley Community College. This position is responsible for the services provided to students
within the College Step-Up Program. The successful candidate will normally work approximately 10 hours per week generally in the overnight and on weekends. This is a stipend position with on campus housing included. Our campus sits on picturesque property along the Kennebec River in Hinckley, Maine. We are conveniently located approximately 30 minutes north of Augusta, and an hour south of Bangor. Responsibilities will include:
• Primarily responsible for the overall case management and safety of the students living in the Vickers Apartments;
• Monitors activities in the Vickers Apartments to maintain the program's integrity;
• Maintain records and follow-up on any problems on behalf of the student(s);
• Provide coordination of services;
• Provide direct student services: academic advising, needs assessment, personal support and coordination of Program services;
• Provide study skill strategy instruction; technology assistance (word, excel);
• Maintain student folders with student progress; case management of assigned Program participants;
• Coordinate with Kennebec Valley Community College’s Advising, Career & Transfer
Director and Professors in the provision of effective accommodations. Qualifications: A minimum of high school diploma. A Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) in social work, education, psychology or related field and one year experience working with at-risk youth, or a minimum of three years of direct care experience with at-risk youth. Satisfactory reference, background and health checks. Must have a valid Maine driver’s license.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and updated resume in .pdf or .doc format via e-mail to HR@gwh.org or fax to 238-4020 or mail to Human Resources, PO Box 159, Hinckley, ME 04944 by January 7, 2014. Please reference “Resident Advisor” in on your correspondence.
Immediate Supervisor: The Resident Advisor will report directly to the Director of Campus Life & College Step-Up Programs. Other Relevant Information: The Resident Advisor must be able to demonstrate essential skills including supervision, organization and communication (verbal and written) and a working knowledge of adolescent development.
We are an equal opportunity employer!