University of Maine at Machias » Campus Life » Student and Community Engagement » Clubs & Organizations » Greek Organizations » Omicron Delta Pi
Omicron Delta Pi
- A co-ed, all-inclusive, human rights and advocacy collegiate fraternity.
- Student Contact: Alexandra Roberts, President email@example.com
- Advisor: Meghan Duff / 255-1227 firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Space TrainingSafe Space training is essentially a sensitivity training focusing on LGBTQIAA etc. issues. It creates a network of visible allies, allowing everyone to feel safe and that they have somewhere to go if there's a problem.
- At UMM (over 30 faculty and staff members)
- Machias’s local PFLAG chapter
- As a Rainbow Ball workshop
- Requested by AMHC
- Planning to expand to help high schools get trainings
Domestic Violence and Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness
- Co-sponsored a workshop run by Winona Ward (http://www.vermontwoman.com/articles/1005/wynona_ward.shtml)
- Helped improve the local Next Step shelter by doing yardwork and by collecting donated artwork to decorate the walls.
- Participated in the annual “Ringing of the Bells” run by Next Step to raise awareness of domestic violence.
- Created and posted educational posters about domestic violence and child abuse, and sold ribbons to raise money for Next Step (over $100)
Participate annually in the AIDS/HIV walk run by DEAN.
Volunteered and participated in the Out of the Darkness Suicide Prevention Walk.
Participate in Light it Up Blue, a program by Austism Speaks.
- This year we also sold ribbons to raise money for Austism Speaks, and raised over $100.
Assist the 100% Society in preparation and running of the annual Rainbow Ball.
March annually in the Portland Pride Parade.
Participate actively in civil rights campaigns, such as 2009’s “No On One” Campaign and others.