University of Maine at Machias » Campus Life » Student and Community Engagement » Clubs & Organizations » Greek Organizations » Omicron Delta Pi
Omicron Delta Pi
ODP is a co-ed, all-inclusive, human rights and advocacy collegiate fraternity.
Sponsor Safe Space TrainingsSafe Space training is a sensitivity training focusing on LGBT+ issues. It creates a network of visible allies, allowing everyone to feel safe and that they have somewhere to go if there's a problem.
Domestic Violence and Child Abuse Prevention and Awareness
- Co-sponsored a workshop run by Winona Ward (http://www.vermontwoman.com/articles/1005/wynona_ward.shtml)
- Helped improve the local Next Step shelter by doing yardwork and by collecting donated artwork to decorate the walls
- Participated in the annual “Ringing of the Bells” run by Next Step to raise awareness of domestic violence
- Created and posted educational posters about domestic violence and child abuse, and sold ribbons to raise money for Next Step (over $100)
Participate annually in the AIDS/HIV walk-run by Downeast Aids Network (DEAN)
Volunteered and participated in the Out of the Darkness Suicide Prevention Walk
Participated in Light it Up Blue, a program by Austism Speaks
- We also sold ribbons to raise money for Austism Speaks, raising over $100
Assisted UMM's 100% Society in preparation and running of the annual Rainbow Ball
March annually in the Portland Pride Parade
Actively participate in civil rights campaigns