Our Program’s Accreditation
The Environmental Recreation & Tourism Management program at UMM is accredited by the:
Our program is currently celebrating 25 years of accreditation! We are the only nationally accredited recreation program in Maine (one of four programs in New England), and we are among 90 accredited institutions across the U.S. To find out more, visit NRPA by clicking on the banner above.
Some of the benefits of choosing our NRPA accredited program include:
- Receiving an education that meets national standards
- The opportunity to apply for professional certification
- Professional development through conferences
- Student involvement in professional organizations & activities
- An active student organization focused on recreation programming
- A social network of recreation professionals
- Opportunities to be a part of advocacy on a large scale
- The opportunity to join regional student groups
A group of UMM Environmental Recreation students attend the NRPA annual national congress & exposition. The conference is hosted by a different city each year. Most recently it has been held in Salt Lake City, Baltimore, Seattle, and Reno. Next year, the conference will be in Minneapolis. Our students generally leave for the conference a few days early in order to tour the region before attending the congress.