M. Gayle Kraus
Office Hours: Click here for PDF
Courses I Commonly Teach
- Marine Biology
- Marine Mammals and Pelagic Birds
- Invertebrate Zoology
- General Ecology
- Various Special Topics such as Avian Rehabilitation
- Skeletal Preparation of Marine Mammals
Student-based Activities I Direct Include:
*We participate in the Marine Mammal Strandings.
- Harbor Seal Pup Rescue (image)
- Ice Seal Assessment (image)
- Marine Mammal Necropsies (image)
*Building Labyrinth Gardens
- Labyrinth in the woods behind Torrey Hall was built by volunteers in the Fall of 2005, based on a 2000 year-old design from Greece.
- Flower Labyrinth was built in the Fall of 2006, by students in a class, Gardens in Our Lives, on Campus Hill on the original site of the O'Brien House. This design is based on the inner seven circuits of the 800 year-old labyrinth at Chartres, France.