Lecturer of Education
The University of Maine at Machias invites applications for a Lecturer position in Education.
Responsibilities for this full-time, continuing position, beginning in fall semester 2015 include: teaching undergraduate general K-12 education courses via live, web and blended modes; coordinating the program’s public school field placements; supervising K-12 field experiences; advising education program students; contributing to the continuing development of the education program; and providing service to the college, K-12 schools and educators, community, and professional organizations. All UMM faculty are expected to be involved in the life of the institution and the success of its students, who are diverse in skills, ages, and backgrounds. The academic-year appointment begins September 1, 2015 with a salary of $39,452, subject to any faculty-wide collective bargaining increases.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in education or education-related field
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
• Successfully taught at the college level in a teacher preparation program;
• Successfully taught in a K-12 grade level;
• Experience and training in literacy education;
• Experience developing relationships with rural public schools and administrators;
• Knowledge of Maine’s Common Core Teaching Standards;
• Familiarity with current policies and issues of public education;
• Knowledge of current trends in instruction as well as instructional technology;
• Experience with highly interactive, student-centered teaching methods.
UMM education programs are based on a holistic, collaborative, learner-centered, and inquiry-based approach. We offer elementary, secondary and teacher certification programs. Our programs are tightly connected with the schools and communities of rural Maine. Our Education curricula are based around small classes, individualized support and active learning pedagogy.
Review of applications will begin January 15, 2015. Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, application form for employement (salaried), transcripts for all degrees, statement of teaching philosophy and arrange to have letters sent from three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the address below:
Human Resources Office
University of Maine at Machias
116 O’Brien Avenue
Machias, ME 04654
All university hires are contingent upon a background check.