Download the Program of Study PDF for this major >>
The Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies degree provides a broad, flexible, student-driven interdisciplinary liberal arts experience. The program will prepare you to apply multiple perspectives within complex settings by combining tools from various disciplines. You will gain appreciation for the many ways scholars employ modes of communication and analysis to explore phenomena.
For example, you might choose to combine science with governmental policy to examine practical ways to protect sensitive forests. Or, you might combine Art, Education, Recreation Management, and Psychology to craft ways to engage children in art therapy.
This program appeals to many students’ natural sense of curiosity. If you are interested in a flexible program that highlights connections, one that combines breadth with careful understanding of ways of communication and analysis, then a BA in Interdisciplinary Studies is an excellent choice for you.
Specific Student Outcomes
Graduates in Interdisciplinary studies will:
- Have accumulated a body of knowledge from multiple disciplines and skills in understanding and self-expression that will allow them to succeed in many careers;
- Demonstrate their ability to clearly express, orally and in writing, interconnections between disciplines;
- Be able to apply ideas and methods from several different disciplines to solve real world problems;
- Demonstrate their ability to integrate bodies of knowledge from more than one discipline to build understanding at the intersection of those areas;
- Be able to use a broad range of ideas and methods to conduct original scholarly inquiries and apply interdisciplinary precepts to our community, society, and the world;
- Demonstrate these outcomes through a portfolio of their work.