If you were born after 1956, you must comply with the Maine Post-Secondary School Immunization Law before you register for UMM classes. If you were born in or before 1956, you are not required to provide proof of immunization.
If you were born after December 31, 1956, you must submit the following to University Health Services at UMM:
A SIGNED record from a health official showing proof of:
- Tetanus/Diptheria (Td or Tdap) in the last ten years, or Tetanus Toxoid (T) within the last five years.
- TWO Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR) after your first birthday
The records must contain the dates (month and year) on which they were given.
Please submit your records with this form.
This is a state law, and we cannot allow you to register for classes until you provide this information.
Send information to:
ATTN: STUDENT HEALTH CENTER, 116 O'Brien Avenue, Machias, ME 04654
Fax to: 207-255-1474
For questions or assistance, call Suzanne Mace, RNC, Coordinator of Student Health at 207-255-1275 during fall and spring semesters; in the summer, please contact Betty Merritt-West at 207-255-1305.
Tips for obtaining this information:
1) Check with your primary care physician.
2) Check with your high school for your records if you have graduated recently.
3) Check your military records, if you have served in the military or received family health care through the military.
4) You may also submit blood titers to show that you are immune.
5) Find a location near you to obtain the immunizations here.
6) If you have received an exemption from the immunization law, you may file a waiver.