We welcome applications from home-schooled students, who are subject to the same basic review process as students applying from more traditional high schools.
What's required for home-schooled students?
- A non-refundable $40 application fee. Click here for payment options.
- Written recommendations, a writing sample, and other pertinent information.
- Submit a high school transcript considered official by an "umbrella school," such as a public or private high school.
- Submit a curriculum vitae that includes syllabi for courses taken from first year to senior year of high school. Include tests, list of books used, and information regarding papers and projects completed. (A sample is available from our Admissions Office.)
- Take the GED and submit scores to UMM.
We prefer that you have 4 years of English, 3 years of math including algebra, 3 lab sciences, 2 social sciences, 2 years of foreign language, and computer competency. If you plan to major in business, high school business courses will be considered.
Ready to Apply?
You have six convenient options. The choice is yours. They all quickly land in our Admissions Office, ready for prompt consideration by our staff.
- Apply Online
- Download the application form and mail it to us
- Request a paper copy from our Admissions Office
- Use the Common Application
- Download the Common Application and mail it to us
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 1-888-468-6866 or e-mail UMM Admissions. We accept applications until one week before classes start.