GIS Program at UMM
The GIS Program at UMM offers several ways to learn and apply geospatial technology, including bachelors and associates degree programs, as well as an innovative certificate program.
GIS Degree Programs
You can combine your interests in cyberspace and the great outdoors with our bachelor degree programs combining GIS with outdoor and environmental fields:
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies/ Geographic Information Systems Concentration
Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology or Environmental Recreation and Tourism Management with Geographic Information Systems Minor
GIS Certificate Program
If you're already in the workforce and need to add geospatial technology skills to your toolkit, the Certificate in Geographic Information Systems Applications is just right for you.
Click here to download the GIS Certificate Program brochure
The UMM certificate program offers GIS courses in a hybrid format, blending the convenience of online learning with the support of face-to-face interaction with college faculty. Each hybrid course features:
- Three weekend days of on-campus instruction at beginning, middle and end of the semester
- Hands-on laboratory exercises you can do on your own computer
- Free, professional GIS software
- Online lecture videos that bring personal instruction to you
- Service projects with real-world applications of GIS
- Accessible, helpful faculty ready to communicate via phone, web chat or video conferencing
Associates in Science in Geographic Information Systems Technology
Not ready to commit to a four-year degree program? Through our partnership with Washington County Community College in Calais, you can earn an Associate of Science in GIS Applications in just two years.
Use the links in the menu on the right to learn more!