The following is a list of general requirements that we consider in our individualized, holistic review process:
- Graduate from high school or complete a GED.
- Complete a college prep program that includes 4 years of English, 3 years of math including algebra, 3 lab sciences, and 2 social sciences.
- We also prefer that you have 2 years of foreign language and computer competency. If you plan to major in business, high school business courses will be considered.
- Earn a 'B' average in your college prep courses.
- Place in the top half of your graduating class.
- Take the SAT or ACT. Your scores will help determine your first-semester English and math placements.
To complete your application, also send to our Admissions Office:
- An official copy of your high school transcript. This should be
sent by your guidance counselor. If available, include a profile of
your high school.
- Official copies of your SAT or ACT scores.
- Written recommendations, a writing sample, and other pertinent information.
- A non-refundable $40 application fee using one of the methods below:
- Pay Online
The required $40 non-refundable application fee can be paid online
when you submit your electronic application. Online payment can be made
only by credit card. We accept Mastercard, American Express, and
Once your MaineStreet student account is set up, you can make online
payments for unpaid application fees and any other charges by going to
Finances and selecting Details/Bill/Pay.
- Pay by Mail
You can mail a check to:
University of Maine at Machias
116 O’Brien Avenue
Machias, ME 04654