Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to get a new Clipper Card every year?
No. Your Clipper Card is issued for the duration of your stay at the University. If you change your name or status (ie, become a UMM staff member), we will reissue a replacement card at no charge with the return of your current UMM Card. Upon graduation, we will issue you an alumni card at no charge as long as you return your current UMM card.
What should I do if I've LOST my card?
You should immediately call the First Stop at 255-1470 to report your lost card. If it is after hours, please call Security at 263-9315, who will notify the resident director on duty. We will be able to put your card on hold for access and/or financial spending.
What should I do if my card does not work?
If for any reason your card does not work, or only works in some places, bring it to the First Stop so we can evaluate and resolve the problem.
Why should I use Clipper Buck$? Can't I just carry cash?
Sure, you can use cash everywhere except for printing at Computer Labs and the Merrill Library and doing laundry at UMM. However, by using your Clipper Card for purchases, you do not have to carry cash, can set aside funds for on-campus spending and monitor your expenditures, and can even save tax on food purchases at all Dining Service locations.
Where do I get a statement of my Clipper Card transactions?
You can view up to 6 months of expenditures by logging onto Add Clipper Buck$. You may also obtain a printed copy by visiting the First Stop.
Share |