Environmental Recreation and Tourism Management Faculty
Our program’s three full-time faculty members are:
- Master’s and Ph.D. in Environmental Recreation and Sustainable Tourism Management
- Specializes in recreation & natural resources, outdoor recreation, and nature tourism
- Works with non-profit organizations, state and federal agencies in managing for recreational use of backcountry areas
- Master's Degree in Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- Master Maine Guide, Sea Kayaking Guide, Boating and Hunter Safety Instructor
- Specializes in Outdoor Recreation courses, Search and Rescue, Wilderness and Park Management
- Ph.D. in Recreation, Park, and Tourism Management
- Assistant Professor of Environmental Recreation and Tourism Management
Several additional instructors are involved with and teach courses that are important for our major:
Penny CurtisPenny teaches wellness courses such as recreation & wellness, yoga, coaching, strength & conditioning and athletic administration for our major and the whole campus.
Kevin AlleyKevin is UMM’s Aquatics Director, and he teaches lifeguard training and water safety instructor for ERTM students. Many of our students work part time as lifeguards at the UMM pool.
Jo-Ellen ScribnerJo-Ellen works in the Business Office. She teaches safety & first aid as well as our recreation services for special populations course.
All of these faculty members are primary players in the Recreation and Tourism Management program. Of course, other UMM faculty make great contributions to the program in areas such as psychology, government, sciences and more. All students are engaged with a diverse faculty from many disciplines.