Event Management Internship
The Georgia State Games is one of the largest Amateur Olympic-Style Sports Festivals in the country. We rely HEAVILY on top quality interns to operate many of our sporting Events Projects and Programs. It is a tremendous experience and we had a ton of interns from across the country last year. The interns get a GREAT, HANDS-ON experience. No fetching coffee. Real life planning AND implementation of activities and programs in what they will experience. This is a NOT-FOR-PROFIT experience, much different than any college sports, pro sports or corporate setting being offered to date.
- We are seeking top level, organized, team oriented, talented, aggressive, outgoing and innovative interns to assist in the preparation and implementation for this year's events. Internship opportunities are offered in both paid and unpaid positions depending on intern's experience & skills, time commitment availability, academic credit ability and semester sought. Housing is also available.
- This internship is for the student looking to get by, be a social butterfly or to party for the semester.
- All applicants must have strong writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- All applicants MUST be strong and willing to market, promote and attract athletes to various sports.
- Paid Stipend (limited number available; max $1000 for semester) OR
- Housing & partial meal reimbursement (limited number available)
- Earn academic credit
- Real life on-the-job experience with BIG time responsibilities that other internships do not provide.
- Free parking
- Individual computers
- Internships include semester-long positions
- Internship program has been offered for over 23 years
- Students have come from the following US States: AK, AL, AR, CA, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, ME, MI, MS, MN, NC, ND, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI and WV and from the countries of Canada, China, England, Germany and Hungary just to intern with the Georgia Games.
- Internships are first offered to students completing the internship for academic credit.
- Interns have turned down the United State Olympic Committee, Professional and College programs to intern with the Georgia Games.
* Priority will be given to those students completing the internship for academic credit and/or for a graduation requirement.
* Priority will be given to students currently enrolled in college.
Go to www.georgiagames.org under internships and complete an:
2) Sports questionnaire
3) Resume and
4) Cover letter.
5) We recommend that, at least one recommendation letter or email be submitted from your most recent employer(s) that can discuss your dependability, work ethic and integrity. Not a family member or professor!
For a general description and activities details see Jo-Ellen Scribner