1909 - The Town of Machias authorized the borrowing of $4,000 to buy 12 acres of land and the O'Brien House.
1910 - The Town of Machias authorized the borrowing of $12,000 to build model school for the Normal School.
School opens in Libby Hall of Machias High School and the O'Brien House (home of the principal and some domestic science classes).
William L. Powers was named Principal
1911 - Model School building opened, used for administration and classrooms. Dedicated as Powers Hall in 1928.
1915 - Dormitory for women opened (named Kimball Hall in 1945).
O'Brien House barn dismantled. O'Brien House moved 200 feet south. Ell of the house was moved to Dublin Street.
1922 - New wing added to adminstration/classroom building. Domestic science moved from dormitory to the new building.
1927 (March) - Earle D. Merrill was named Acting Principal. Merrill had been a faculty member since 1915.
(November) - Philip H. Kimball was named Principal.
1928 - Model School building dedicated as Powers Hall.
1936 - February 10 - Fire destroyed Powers Hall and contents.
1937 - Opening of the new Powers Hall.
1942 - Earle D. Merrill was once again named Acting Principal.
1943 - There was a merger of Aroostook State and Washington State Normal Schools during the war years. Dr. Clifford O.T. Wieden, Principal of ASNS, became Principal of WSNS.
1946 - Lincoln Sennett was named Principal.
1952 - Name changed to Washington State Teachers College, and a four-year B.S. degree is offered for all students.
1958 - Land acquisition doubles the size of campus. Extensive building renovations begin.
1959 - Sennett Hall, a men's dormitory, is opened.
1961 - Torrey Hall, a new classroom building, and Merrill Library are opened. Kimball Hall is renovated.
1963 - Dorward Hall, a women's dormitory, is opened.
1965 - Name is changed to Washington State College.
1966 - Kilburn Commons, a new cafeteria, is opened.
1968 - Name is changed to Washington State College of the University of Maine.
1969 - Second floor of Torrey Hall and a new wing in Sennett Hall are opened.
1970 - Name is changed to University of Maine at Machias.
Health and Physical Education Center is opened (later named the Reynolds Center)
1971 - Dr. Arthur Buswell is named President.
1973 - Construction of a new science building is postponed. After local protests, Board of Trustees approved construction and groundbreaking occurred in October.
1975 - The Science Building opened.
1981 - Frederic A. Reynolds, a Washington State Teachers College graduate and faculty member since 1954, is named Acting President.
1982 - Remodeling of gym/auditorium in Powers Hall to create the Performing Arts Center.
Remodeling of office spaces in Powers Hall and creation of new faculty offices in Kimball Hall.
1983 - Frederic A. Reynolds is named President.
1988 - Bond issue is passed providing money for new physical plant building and completion of the Performing Arts Center.
1989 - An addition to Merrill Library is opened.
1992 (July) - Robert Sloan, a faculty member since 1968, is named Interim President.
(August) Dr. Paul Nordstrom is named President.
The Support and Maintenance Building is opened.
1999 - Dr. James Breece, from the University of Maine System Office, is named Acting President.
2000 - Dr. John Joseph is named President.
The Fitness Center is opened, consisting of a pool, fitness center, and the Murdock Bookstore.
2003 (May) - Dr. David Rosen, a faculty member since 1980, is named Interim President.
(August) - Dr. Sue Ann Huseman, from the University of Maine System office, is named Acting President.
2005 - Dr. Cynthia E. Huggins, a faculty member since 1997, is named Interim President.
2006 - Dr. Cynthia E. Huggins is named President.