Advising Center Mission Statement
The Advising Center assists students in accessing the many tools and supports available to discover the path to academic success. We empower students as they develop into successful independent learners. We focus on the goals and needs of each individual student as they discover the interconnectedness of their academic programs, community experience, and the richness of the natural environment.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
Our expectations of you, the student:
- Ask questions, and don’t be afraid to ask for help! If you don’t know where to go for assistance, stop by the Advising Center.
- Please, check your email regularly, and respond! Respond to fellow students, your faculty, staff and us!
- Get back to us when we reach out to you. When we reach out, it is usually because we have information we want you to have.
- Follow through on, and be prepared for meetings. And, if you can’t make it, just let us know!
- Be invested in your education. Stop by your professor’s office just to say hey, join a club or organization, go to campus events, and have fun!
What you can expect from us, your Student Success Advisors:
- A timely response. We will get back to you as soon as we possibly can!
- Honest information. Sometimes you may find yourself in a dilemma and the truth will be hard to hear. But, it is important to know. And, we’ll help you work through whatever it is you are going through.
- Assistance with academic troubles (and other trouble, too)! Stop by if you are struggling with time management, study skills, test taking, etc.
- Follow up and preparedness for meetings. If you schedule a meeting with us, we’ll be here and we’ll be ready!
Did we miss something? Let us know!