Administrative Specialist CL 1
Administrative Specialist CL 1 - (25 hours/week, 9.5 months/year)
The Administrative Specialist performs a wide variety of administrative and clerical duties in support of the daily operations of academic affairs, which includes providing support to the department chairs and faculty.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Building receptionist
- Assisting faculty with purchasing, student records, textbook orders, and other technical processes using MaineStreet and other software platforms
- Maintaining program and faculty website information
- Supporting faculty in developing course materials and in assisting students
- Creating meeting minutes for faculty meetings and other events
- Assisting with project-based assignments
- Other general administrative and reasonably related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D) and one year clerical/office experienc
- Reliable and able to handle detail with accuracy and confidentiality
- Capacity to carry out multi-step projects and handle multiple tasks independently
- Ability and interest in working with multiple campus constituencies and interacting with students and the public
- Strong computer skills, with an emphasis on Word and Excel, and language skill
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skill
Salary: $12.20/hour; the University offers an excellent pro-rated fringe-benefits package.
General work schedule: Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (exception is days on which faculty meetings are held: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and
2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.). The desired start date for this position is no later than August 18, 2014. In subsequent years the contract year will be approximately August 15 through May 31.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 4:00 p.m.
Submit cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references and a completed hourly application to: email@example.com or:
Admininstrative Specialist CL 1 Search
116 O’Brien Avenue
Machias, Maine 04654
Tel: (207) 255-1213
The successful candidate will be subject to a background check.